Thank you for visiting the Med Sea Alliance website, (“Site”), hosted by Global Fishing Watch (“Site”). Global Fishing Watch respects your privacy rights and recognizes the importance of protecting the information we collect about you. This policy statement tells you how we collect information from you and how we use it.
Personal Information Defined. Global Fishing Watch considers “Personal Information” to include information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact or locate you, such as: name, address, email address or telephone number. Global Fishing Watch does not consider Personal Information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
In visiting the Site, you have voluntarily established a business relationship with Global Fishing Watch. As part of your use of the Site, Global Fishing Watch will only collect further Personal Information from you when you voluntarily:
- submit feedback and comments;
- complete surveys;
- sign up for our newsletter;
- download data; or
- upload content to the Site.
When you submit Personal Information under these circumstances, you will receive a confirmation email that will give you the option of choosing not to receive further emails from us.
When you use the Site, Global Fishing Watch may collect some or all of the following Personal Information from You: Your name, email address, language, country of residence, postal address, and organization.
Global Fishing Watch may also collect demographic information from Site visitors, such as geographic location or what platforms you own. This information helps us to improve our online offerings and allows us to tailor information to your preferences.
We track website usage data to improve our website. We collect user traffic patterns throughout our website using web logs, cookies and similar technologies. This information is collected to help improve website flow and usability. In addition, when we send emails to our members and supporters, we track information on clicks-through to our website, including IP addresses. This is done to gauge the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and to discourage fraudulent use.
User Access – Accessing and Controlling your Personal Information
Please note that while any deletions will be reflected in active user databases (as updated within a reasonable period of time), we may retain all Personal Information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, and satisfaction of other legal obligations we reasonably believe applicable.
We may retain your Personal Information to comply with laws, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our contracts, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
If you would like to review the information in our files, correct it, withdraw it, or ask Global Fishing Watch to refrain from sending you information in the future or otherwise exercise any of the other rights referred to above relating to your Personal Information, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling +1 202.800.2928, or by writing to the postal address listed below.
Data Transfer and Sharing
Global Fishing Watch does not rent, sell or share Personal Information collected on this website with third parties except as follows. Global Fishing Watch may provide Personal Information to or permit access to Personal Information by vendors and service providers who are contracted to help us administer this website. These service providers may process Personal Information on our behalf or use Personal Information to assist Global Fishing Watch in administering this website. We may also disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Global Fishing Watch’s rights or property, other Global Fishing Watch users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
Transfer in Connection with Reorganization or other Corporate Events of Global Fishing Watch
If Global Fishing Watch should ever file for bankruptcy or have its assets sold to or merged with another entity, information Global Fishing Watch receives from you shall be treated as a Global Fishing Watch asset and may be transferred as part of any such transactions.
Affiliated Websites, other Websites and Advertisements
International Visitors and Customers
With respect to visitors from the European Union (EU), the following applies at the time of any data collection:
- We collect data from our users for a variety of reasons, including to:
- Allow access to certain data, enabling uploading of content to the Site and sending content that may be of interest, such as email newsletters about new data and features;
- Send emails with news and updates about Global Fishing Watch;
- Monitor website traffic and improve the user experience;
- Personalize content and identify authors who post in the Global Fishing Watch community;
- Process donations to Global Fishing Watch;
- Respond to user support inquiries.
- We only collect data from or contact users who have provided their informed consent. Users have the right to withdraw consent anytime by updating their user preferences or sending an email to email@example.com.
- Global Fishing Watch shares certain user data under contract with certain 3rd party service providers for the sole purpose of facilitating Global Fishing Watch’s permitted uses of the data, such as Donorbox, Stripe, Paypal, Google Analytics, etc., subject to their privacy policies. Except in cases of users requesting that we delete their user data, we will periodically review user subscription preferences, email open rates, website visits or other interactions with Global Fishing Watch to determine when to delete user data of inactive users.
- Users have the right to request access to and request correction or deletion of their personal data upon request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Users have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervising authority of their respective country or other jurisdiction.
- Provision of user data is not a contractual requirement of using Global Fishing Watch, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract with Global Fishing Watch. Users are not obliged to provide user data and the only potential consequences of not doing so may be to forgo the opportunity to access certain Global Fishing Watch data, other content or features.
Changes and Updates
Contacting Global Fishing Watch
Global Fishing Watch, Inc. is a Delaware 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation located at:
Your Acceptance of these Terms